Our basic courses aim at providing the basic knowledge and the general managerial skills most demanded by the humanitarian sector. They are all structured with 5 to 6 weeks intensive in presence trainings and 3 months of internship within the hosting agencies, NGOs and other organizations.
All of them are meant as PROFESSIONAL COURSES providing basic knowledge and a general overview on the humanitarian scenario, key managerial competences requested by the position, the most utilized and widespread tools as well as the practical experience and some case studies that will allow the participant to be ready to work with a solid background and face the first working experiences in new and often complex settings.
This course is directed to junior professionals willing to specialize in managing logistics in Humanitarian actions. Logistics is crucial for the rapid deployment and implementation of humanitarian interventions in emergencies or more in general in humanitarian assistance. It is essential to ensuring, goods, premises and services for programs. Therefore, this course aims at enhancing knowledge and capacities on the organization of the logistics with a focus also on practical tools and specific case studies of humanitarian initiatives. Outdoor simulations, practical exercises and a three-month field internship in an international NGO or Humanitarian agency among the HumCap partners are included in the course program so to enable participants to become future professional logistics managers.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be familiar with the following topics:
• The humanitarian scenario (major crisis, actors, and the role of the logistics manager)
• Project Cycle Management (PCM) and management of logistics department (work plan, administration, procurement and contracts, inventory, reporting)
• Management of logistics bases (management of larger logistics bases and services to more than one project/program)
• Supply chain for different types of responses (Wash sector, food security, protection, health, cash-based response)
• Warehouse and stock management
• Transportation and fleet management
• Managing and maintaining equipment (including access to energy)
• ITC in humanitarian settings
• Risk and security management
4 november – 30 november 2019 (in presence training)
January to march 2020 (internships)
4 weeks intensive in-presence training + 3 months internship
Full rate 2.800 euro. Reduced rate at payment 2.600 euro
Milan – Italy